Crochet, yarns, jewelry,beads and life....

Saturday, April 3, 2010

How to make a crochet leaf




When I began crocheting flowers, making leaves became essential. I made up and used in a flower project. I’ll put the photos on the blog when I finished .You can use leaves as a petal , attach them together and make your flower or use directly as a leaf. I used a green mercerized cotton yarn and 2.5 mm hook.

HERE IS MY PATTERN

Ch: chain Sl:Slip stitch Sc:Single crochet Hdc: Half double crochet Dc: Double crochet Tc: Triple crochet

1-This is a large one . You can arrange the size by changing the chain or stitch numbers. First chain 15
2- Make a sl into second chain from the hook.



3-Then one sc into next, one hdc into next , 1 dc into each of next 2 ch, 1 tc into each of next 4 ch and again 1 dc into each of next 2 ch, one hdc into next, one sc into next, one sl into 15 th chain.

4- Turn and make a sl into 15th chain on the other side. Repeat;one sc into next, one hdc into next , 1 dc into each of next 2 ch, 1 tc into each of next 4 ch and again 1 dc into each of next 2 ch, one hdc into next, one sc into next, one sl into 1 th chain.

5- And make a sl to the top of the leave then fasten off.

3 comments:

Angel.Pearls said...

Hi! Glade I found you here! I'm not good in making leaves, so thanks for the tutorial..Love //Eva Sweden

Viola said...

So happy , you find it useful

Anonymous said...

Thank you for detailed tutorial ! By far the best I have found on leaf making.

Christine